- 1 lb ground beef of turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning or 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning (see recipe below)
- 2/3 cup water
- chili cheese fritos
- 1/2 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Toppings desired: salsa, sour cream, onion, tomato, avocado, etc
Brown beef or turkey over medium high heat until no longer pink.
Drain fat and add in the taco seasoning and water.
Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed and meat is thoroughly coated in seasoning.
Layer chili cheese Fritos on the bottom of and 8 x 8 baking dish.
Place seasoned meat on top of Fritos.
In a saucepan, heat cheddar cheese soup and milk over low heat.
Once warm, pour cheese mixture on top of meat.
Sprinkle mozzarella evenly over cheese and place pan in preheated oven, 350, for about 12-14 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and scoop desired amount onto plate. Top with favorite toppings!