A delicious banana split dessert layered with a graham cracker crust, cream cheese filling, fresh bananas, strawberries and topped with a homemade whipped cream. This easy no-bake dessert is perfect to cool off with this summer!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened (two 8 ounce packages)
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple , drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces strawberries , hulled and sliced
- 3 bananas , sliced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional garnishes: chocolate syrup, chopped walnuts, maraschino cherries, additional sliced bananas and strawberries
- Grease a 9×13″ baking dish with butter or cooking spray and place a medium mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs and sugar together. Add melted butter and stir until combined. Press into the bottom of the baking dish. Place the dish in the refrigerator or freezer to help the crust set.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, drained pineapple and sugar. Remove the baking dish from the freezer and spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust.
- Place the banana slices evenly in a single layer on top of the cream cheese mixture. Add a strawberry slice on top of each banana slice.
- Remove the mixing bowl and beaters from the freezer. Beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Spread over the strawberry and banana layer.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Then top each individual serving with a maraschino cherry. Additional banana slices and strawberry slices may also be used for garnishes. You may also choose to garnish each individual serving after it is plated.
If you plan to use banana slices to garnish the top of the dessert, the pineapple juice from the crushed pineapple can be reserved and used to deter the bananas from browning. When serving, use a spatula or serving utensil that is the size of the piece you are serving to help hold the piece together.